Soilmentor Organisations: Creating a Bespoke Setup
This page is for organisations who are creating a bespoke setup for Soilmentor - creating their own activity list, descriptions, categories and biodiversity species lists.
Steps for creating your bespoke setup
We will share a google sheet with you where you will fill out the custom setup info for your Soilmentor accounts. In this spreadsheet you will also be able to see the standard Soilmentor setup, with a list of soil tests, which categories they exist in and what their descriptions are. In this spreadsheet, read through the How to fill out this spreadsheet tab first.
STEP 1: Go to the Bespoke Setup tab
- Field level
- Fill out Field Details (Management approaches for each field
- Fill out species options for each field
- Sample level
- Fill out the sample activities with values, categories and descriptions specific to your organisation. We have already put in our standard list - you can remove any irrelevant activities or update any activities to suit your organisation.
- You can also add new activities relevant to your organisation:
- Activity: Add the name of the activity the farmer will monitor
- Values: what kind of data is each activity you are recording
- Decimal = Any whole number can be added
- Choices = You will choose from a list of choices. Please also specify the names of your choices in this case!
- Numeric Choices = You will choose from a numbered list of choices, such a score from 1-8. Please specify the number range and what each number should be described as in this case!
- Categories: How are you grouping activities together? e.g. spade tests, ground cover tests, pH tests etc
- Descriptions: Add descriptions for activities - these can be step by step instructions of how to do them, equipment needed, relevant links etc. See our standard descriptions in the Example - Soilmentor Setup tab.
STEP 2: Go to the Farm Details tab
- Add in the list of farms that will each need separate accounts
- Add the name of each farm (this will be the name of their account)
- Add the first & last names and emails for each farmer (this will be for the user login for their account)
- Make sure that the farmer details appear next to the name of their farm