How to upload your field boundaries
In order to upload your field boundaries to Soilmentor, you'll first need to prepare a 'KML' file to be uploaded using an external tool. We recommend using Google Earth, and following these steps:
- Find your farm on Google Earth - you can search for your post code to bring up the right area.
- Go to 'Projects' on the left hand side menu bar --> 'New Project' --> 'Create KML file' --> name the project with your farm name or Soilmentor.
- Go to 'New Feature' --> 'Draw line or shape', and click on the map to draw a shape around one of your fields. Name this completed shape with the exact naming you've used on Soilmentor for this field.
- Click on the back button, and repeat step #3 until you have mapped each of your Soilmentor fields.
- Click the 3 dot icon when you are finished mapping, and 'Export as KML file'.
Now you have a KML file, you can upload it on the Soilmentor web app, in the 'Map' section.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com
if you have any questions, or would like support with this.